Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Project Of Many Lessons

First of all, I'm not going to lie. I am a little surprised that Blogger let me log on. Can we say slacker??? I think yes.

Second, I want to share a little transformation with you, and the lessons I learned in the process.

The other day I happened to stumble across a picture that Amber had pinned on Pinterest. It was a dresser turned dress up station and I fell in love. Good thing for me I had a dresser with broken drawers that I had been holding on to because I couldn't bring myself to trash it. So I set out on a mission with a picture in my head of what I wanted. Now, on to your quick lesson plan on transform dresser 101.

Number one: Under no circumstances whatsoever should you ever.....I mean NEVER....use gray primer spray paint indoors. I don't care how many windows or doors you have open, it will end up in a gray haze over your whole house and I whole bunch of dirty socks no matter how many times you mop the floor.



Number two: If you are painting your dresser a light color, do NOT use gray primer. To my defense though, I was planning on painting it dark purple but found a light lilac in the oops paint section at walmart and forgot to switch the primers.....which leads me to my next lesson....

Number three: Don't use cheap walmart paint when painting a laminated dresser especially when you are too lazy to sand it first.


And last, but not least number 4: If you want a quick, easy, and not so much a pain in the butt alternative...just use spray paint. I finally had to come to terms that it's for my children and is going to get banged up anyways so when I couldn't get the cheapo paint to cover I settled for a three dollar bottle of purple spray paint and couldn't be more happier with the results.




Now all I need is a funky little lamp and I will be one happy girl :). Don't you just love Pinterest?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You read my mind!! I was planning on making one for my niece this year. I'm currently thrifting for a dresser to do it with! (CAuse low and behold.. we do not own a dresser!!)

Nicole said...

It's SO cute! Great, another project to add to my list...