Friday, August 5, 2011

Picky Eater Friday!

One of my biggest struggles with my kids is getting them to eat healthy. I have Luke who refuses to eat any kind of vegetable and Matalie who wants nothing but sweets. While talking to my sister-wife Amber over lunch the other day I had told her that I had finally resulted to pureeing veggies that were the same color as the dinner I cooked and mixing it in somehow and she had said what a good idea it was so I decided to share a couple of recipes with you. Because I know I can't be the only mom with a picky eater :)

So on to this weeks recipe:   Chicken Spaghetti

This dinner is super easy and my kids gobble it up in two seconds flat!

What you need:

3 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 can of evaporated milk
8oz sour cream
1 jar of ragu cheese sauce
1 onion
1 bag of sharp cheddar cheese
1 bell pepper
 1 box of spaghetti 


What you do:

Cut your chicken breast and onions and add to skillet. Slice your bell pepper and then put it in a food processor or chopper and then add to chicken and onion.



 
Saute that over medium heat until the chicken is no longer pink. While that is cooking prepare your noodles as directed on the package, drain and set aside. In a separate pot combine sour cream, shredded cheese, ragu, and evaporated milk. Cook until heated through. By now the chicken should be done. Reduce the heat to low, add cheese sauce, and mix well. Once that is heated through add the noodles and voila! You have yourself a meal that's healthy(well healthy-er!) and your kids are sure to love! :)



2 comments:

Amber said...

That looks yummy! I'll definitely be adding this to the recipe rotation! Keep 'em coming! We'll have to fix the meals and freeze them to take to them, when our picky eaters get married! ha! : )

Alicia Polk said...

lol if your kids will eat onion i's day you're doing well! that recipes sounds dang good tho! you're an awesome cook amy. :)