Saturday, March 10, 2012

Love Like Jesus

*this post is meant to release steam in a helpful way so if you don't want to hear me rant you might want to leave. consider yourself warned*

Let's start at the beginning....a couple of days ago my friend Racheal and I were discussing tatoos we wanted and decided since we both wanted one on our foot that we should go together for moral support.....you know since it's suppose to hurt...bad. So today that is exactly what we did. Didn't think much more about it because it is our bodies we are talking about. That is until someone commented on Racheal's facebook post basically saying he thought she was a good person and christian..guess not. And I started getting negative remarks as well

That was enough to get this lady going.

I know you have your people who want to pick and choose scripture and use it to judge the actions of people and I can handle that all day long....it's the ones who take people and put them on a pedistool and because they do one thing they don't agree with everything else they have done in the past doesn't matter anymore. Forget that we are hardcore worship junkies who are 110% sold out for Jesus... we "disfigured" our temple so now nothing else matters. Forget that what we did choose were two things that we strive to live by because all that matters now is the way we reflect on them. If me choosing to tell the world that wherever He goes I am going to follow Him by placing it on my body offends you I am not the one with the problem here.....

I am done now.

On to the pictures :)









7 comments:

Amber said...

Preach it Sister! Your body, your choice! It still looks like it hurt like the dickens! : /

Rhonda DeLee said...

Looks great...

Anonymous said...

Get that it is your body..your choice and it has nothing to do with being a Christian... It is about respect. Dad and I would never have thought of doing something intentionally that we knew would hurt or disrespect our parents no matter how bad we wanted something.. Just makes us sad...times are different I guess :(

Anonymous said...

What about respecting others decisions to worship and live how they choose. To be a light to reach the LOST not the religious. To shine His light from the inside out...to be approachable to the ones Jesus wants to reach not the ones so full of religion that they have forgotten about relationship. I am 100% about respecting your parents but there comes a time that maybe the children need to open the eyes of the parents. Yes different times....and with these different time Amazing Grace hymns aren't

Anonymous said...

Going to cut it anymore....I don't want to start a blog cat fight. I do respect the opinion of the above anonymous but that is all it is ...is an opinion. I think your ink will be the gateway to reach souls that the religious people have forgotten about. Get ready to watch it explode!! I love the ink .....M.B

Anonymous said...

Again NOTHING to do with Religion ...m.b. You have no idea.... I am the most non religion person you probably know... simply respect

Anonymous said...

I think it's cute! Super better than a tribal band! :o)