Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mine All Mine

Today has been one of those days.

 You know the kind where you wake up and have a list of things to do and next thing you know it's one o'clock and you've accomplished nothing besides running in circles.

As most of you already know from facebook by time afternoon rolled around Matalie had already managed to spill three cups of juice, bathe herself in honey and butter from her toast AFTER I had already got her ready, made a royal mess in the playroom I had just cleaned up two minutes before, spilled chocolate pudding all over my tan carpet, and peed in her pants right as we were walking out the door.

Now this momma has a lot of patience but that last one did me in. I would be lying if I said I didn't pull a Nicole and lock myself in my bedroom for a minute.

 Or five.

 After that I decided errands could wait and proceeded to get back in my pajamas....my sanity depended on it.

But just when I was about ready to put a for sale sign on her and drop her on the side of the road (don't judge, we've all had those moments) I walk into the playroom to find this






It's then that I remember all those nights I spent praying for her. All the tears shed after each pregnancy that ended too soon. And the love that consumed my heart the first time I laid eyes on her sweet face.

 She may be a juice spiller, honey bather, trouble maker, slightly over eccentric little lady but she is mine.... and that is all that matters.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Love the shoes!

We all have those days! Keep your chin up. Tomorrow will be better! Love ya! : )