Monday, May 2, 2011

Son Rise

 After waking up at 2am Saturday morning and driving straight through to Tybee Island I was a little upset to figure out that sunrise was 30 minutes before I was anticipating it to be. We were still a good ways away from the beach when dawn came and I told Scott I was tempted to just turn around and go home. Boy am I glad I didn't. There is nothing like a sunrise to make you stand in awe of God's beauty and creation. I missed the sun actually coming up over the horizon but what I did get to see took my breath away and made me forget about everything else. I like to consider myself a God fearing woman but I have to admit, sitting on that beach, listening to the waves, and watching the golden orange colors break over the sand made me realize how Gods mercies are new every morning. That He set the whole world in motion to create man to have a relationship with him, and then after the fall He sent His only son to restore that relationship. His love for me is so overwhelming and sitting there Saturday morning all I could feel was that love wrap around me, and at that moment everything was right.





1 comments:

Nicole said...

The shot of scott with the kids is awesome! LOVE the shadow!