Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Joining the fun again with The Pleated Poppy and all you other lovely ladies out there :)
I title this week "Open Mouth, Insert Foot"

Why you might ask???

Because when presented with a gift card to Rue 21 for Mother's Day by my husband
I may or may not have pitched a little fit claiming that the only people that shop there 
are "clubbers" and girls 18 and younger and I am neither.
But, as you all know, gift cards are non-refundable so this week I headed over there totally prepared to find nothing and be able to tell my husband I told you so.
I was wrong.
After 3 hours total in one store I finally made my final selections
And ended up spending more than what I had in gift cards.
Needless to say my husband got un-speakable joy by hearing me say he was right.

Anywho, onto some of what I did happen to stumble across at our local Rue.

Wednesday
Muffins For Mom And Book Club


Shirt: Banana Republic
Vest: Charlotte Russe  
Jeans: Khols               
               Fabric Pin: Mattie Fran Designs 

Friday
Project Peace Musical At Luke's School


Shirt: Old Navy        
Jeans: Khols             
Hat: Target               
      Pin: Mattie Fran Designs 

Saturday
A date with Me, Myself, and I
Water For Elephants


Shirt: Rue 21          
Jeans: Rue 21         
Necklace: Rue 21   
Sandals: Target      

Sunday
Church At VTTN and Parents For Dinner


Dress: Rue 21      
Cami: Rue 21      
Necklace: Rue 21
Sandals: Target    

Tuesday
Playdate with Her, Her , and Her 


Shirt: Old Navy 
Jeans: Rue 21    
    Sandals: Old Navy



12 comments:

Amber said...

I do like that dress....might be stopping in on the way out of town!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Is Rue 21 like Forever 21? If so, we had the same week. I have walked by that store a thousand times, even walked in once or twice, and was immediately scared away by all the cute, MUCH younger girls. But I kept seeing the CUTEST things from there in BlogLand, so I gave it a REAL shot - and fell in love. And their jewelry? OMG so cheap. In a good way.

P.S., you have the best hair.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Ok so first of all, you're a doll! I love your hair. That ruffly ON top and hat combo? LOVIN IT!
*Weird question: is that a stone surround tub in the background? OMWord...fabulous!
xo,
Sarah

Carri said...

Love the outfits! I feel the same way about Rue21. It's a "hit or miss" store for me! Sometimes I find loads, others I find nothing!

Conni said...

oh I love the ruffle top from Old Navy, is it new??

mind you all of your tops are cute!!

I did my first ever WIWW this week!!

Anonymous said...

We don't have a Rue21 here that I know of, but I know what you mean about shopping in those types of places. If I ever venture in, I always feel a little strange being the only one with a stroller and being SEVERAL years older than the other customers. But your outfits are so cute! So fun.:)

Amy said...

Thanks guys! Rue 21 is like forever 21 but not the same, the top from old navy I got in March, and my stone surround tub is my FAV part of my house :)

Jeanine Byers said...

Those are all great outfits! My favorite is the first one.

I love that you were able to find so many good things at Rue 21 when you hadn't thought you would.

I'm visiting you from WIWW!

Jeanine
Dressing My Truth

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOOOVE Rue21!! Those jeans looks GREAT and I'm just in LOVE with that dress!! Looks super cute on you!

twinkietotmom said...

Love your outfits! Especially the first outfit & the Rue dress! Don't ya hate when the hubs is right?!?

tracey said...

These are all great! Wednesday is my fav :)

Kameron said...

I'm always afraid stores like that won't have clothes to fit my non stick figure body! I tend to stick to the same few stores. Looks like I need to venture out a bit!