Sunday, January 30, 2011

Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

To say that 2010 was a challenging year for Scott and me would be an understatement. We had a serious decrease in finances, we weren't able to pay our bills, then we were hit with Andrews death, and by that time we had pretty much put our marriage on the back burner. We had gone from being madly in love to just co-existing and by the time I had realized it we were too far gone. The whole year was just awful, and if we never have to go through any of that again it would be way too soon.

We did finally get everything together and ended the year with Scott getting a new job, all of our bills paid up to date, and our income increased substantially(I should mention that this was all after we came up under the authority we are under now and started honoring God with our tithe, but that's a whole other post :))

Looking back on 2010 the one thing that we wanted to take from it was to always put our marriage first. I want to know that whatever my husband needs he is getting from me and vice versa. So we decided that at least once a month we were going to go on a date. Just me and him, dinner, maybe a movie, and endless conversation that has nothing to do with the children or work. Because believe or not, one day your children are going to grow up and leave and if you haven't stayed connected to your husband/wife where are you going to go from there?

I knew something was up when he came home with these



But I had no idea it was going to be as amazing as this past weekend.

I love, love, love going to the city. Even if it is to do the same thing we can do close to home. I love the lights, the big buildings, and most of all



Oh yes, you read that right. We don't even have a Starbucks in a 15 mile radius of our house, let alone a 24 hour one. If I didn't love Atlanta before, I am head over heals now. We headed up Friday evening and went to my favorite restaurant, Carrabas, then did a little shopping at Old Navy, and followed it up with a movie. Just when I thought the fun was over we headed to Vinings and checked into a hotel. Why you might ask, when we have a perfectly good bed at home. I will tell you why, to go shopping at one of my favorite little outlets the next day.




That happens to be the home of a couple of my all time favorite stores




I could spend hours and hundreds of dollars in Francesca's if I could get away with it.

I can't begin to tell you how lucky I feel to have a husband that knows the way straight to my heart. And I am not just talking about shopping and Starbucks. I can be unbelievably stubborn at times, not the easiest person to get along with, but he still loves every part of me. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thank you baby for the most amazing date night! I love you more than you will ever know!

0 comments: