Monday, January 31, 2011

Hi / Low

I know that I have only been in the blogging world for a week now but I really want to start this now instead of later. We have been to a couple of Bible studies with this awesome couple and they like to play a little game called hi/low. Most people grumble at the sound of it but me, I love it. I don't know how to explain, it's almost like getting it out in the open and being able to talk about it makes the bad things not so bad and the good things even more special. So every Monday I will be posting my high for the past week and my low. If you want to share feel free to leave yours in the comments, but this is more for my benefit so don't feel like you have to.

Low

Most of you know what we have been going through with Luke, and if you don't you can read about it here. I have to say that he has been doing much better lately, but we hit our biggest obstacle this week. T-Ball. Luke has been playing ball since he was three, and guess who his coach was every year. I knew from the moment Andrew left that this was probably going to be the hardest thing to get through for him and I was right. On the way to church Wednesday night the subject of sports came up so I thought I would give it a try. I told him that sign ups were right around the corner and he needed to let me know if he wanted to play. I must have caught him off guard because he got very excited and said- Yes!!! I want to play ball with my daddy!- I just held my breath and waited for the realization to kick in and when it did it was like a punch in the gut. All at once his smile turned into a frown and that excitement turned into heart break, again. After that he said he did not want to do it with out Andrew. I had a feeling that would be the answer but it still doesn't make it easier. Luke LOVES baseball and I hate watching him give it up. I know it is soon though, and I will not push. We will just have to try again next year.

High

With that said, my high for this week would definitely have to be date night with my love. It was a close race though, considering this week was full of fun events, but in the end my hunny always wins :)

If you would like to participate by linking up with your blog you can do so here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say "poor Luke" because he is blessed in so many ways.. but I need to remember the Kleenex when I read some of your things! He is such a gift, and I hope he can get back into the game.. slowly but surely.. it will be a great way for him to remember Andrew.