Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dear God,

(On the way home tonight)

Luke- Mom, sometimes I wish I was a wizard so I could wave my wand and make my prayers come true

Me- But you don't have to be a wizard or have a magic wand. You just have to pray to Jesus and have the faith that He will give you everything you need.

Luke- That doesn't work.

Me- Why do you think that???

Luke - Because I pray for my Daddy to be here every night and Jesus still hasn't sent him back to me.


Tell me.....how am I suppose to answer that?

When we are suppose to have faith like children but yet I am watching my six year old loose faith in the only God he has ever known because He can't give him his daddy back?

How am I suppose to explain healing to him when he knows that if You would have healed his daddy he would still be here.

How am I suppose to encourage prayer when the one thing he prays for will never be answered?

How am I suppose to tell him that no matter how much he begs You to send his daddy back that You can't?

How am suppose to handle that broken look in his eyes again....and again....and again.

I can't take this.

I am angry.

And I want answers.

0 comments: