Thursday, July 21, 2011

Scratching The Itch

I told you last week that I had been bit by the decorating bug. Fortunately this weekend I got to scratch that itch a little because it was driving me crazy! Ever get that sudden urge or need for change??? Yeah, that's me lately. Luckily last month Scott and I finally found a comforter set that we both agreed on at Marshalls of all places. I had put it on layaway because I knew if I got it right then I wouldn't be able to fight the temptation of re-doing our whole room around it. So I waited.....until last Wednesday that is when my impatience got the best of me :). Needless to say I spent this weekend, thrifting for things I needed, painting, and printing out pictures. I am in love with the way it turned out except for the paint. I like it but the blue is a bit overwhelming and I think it would've been better as an accent wall. It's growing on me though. Now for the before and afters!

Before

 my side
 
                                               his side                                               the comforter

                                                                 wall going in to the bathroom


After



 comforter

his side

 my side

 going in to the bathroom

 aka my new favorite place in the house

1 comments:

Heather said...

PERFECT!!! I absolutely love it the blue is good you have the wood brown wall to tone it down a little plus the light colors of the comforter makes it just fit!!! awesome job! oh and that itch... Jake has been trying to get rid of mine... i just can't stop! :)