Sunday, February 27, 2011

Much Needed

I am sad to say that I have absolutely zip, zero pictures from this weekend. Why? Because it was one of those rare weekends that not one, but both of my children were gone and Scott and I had the whole house to ourselves. Which does happen every now and then but it's usually because we have things planned that we have to do. But this weekend there was nothing I had to do, no where I had to be, (well I did attend a bridal shower for Ms. Alicia but that doesn't count :)) and it was sooooo nice. After I dropped Matalie off with my fabulous sis-in-law(she reads my blog :)) I got back in my car and said to myself-what now? Of course I wanted to do something that I couldn't normally with the kiddos, so I headed back home, changed into my pj's, and vegged out on the couch all day. Can you say Heaven??? For once I didn't have to feed, change, bathe, talk to, play with, or answer to anyone. Just Me, Myself, and I and I took full advantage of it.

I did however make up for my laziness on Saturday with a little shopping, some crackacinno from Starbucks, a bridal shower, mani/pedi(which I was in desperate need of, just ask Mrs. Mabrey )a little shopping, and then dinner with the hubs. A girl could seriously get use to this! In the end though, I was the one hightailing it out of the church parking lot this morning to go swoop up my babies, because no matter how nice a couple days of freedom can be I can only take the quiet in my house for so long before I start missing the giggles, screams, non-stop chatter, and my name called a million and one times. Funny how as moms we long for a break and then when we get it we find our minds constantly wandering back to our munchkins.

On a side note, one of my munchkins has a Birthday in her near future. My Mattie-Bug turns two on Thursday. Two. While her attitude and sassy self portraits everything a two year old is known for I think I still might be in denial. My baby, not such a baby anymore. And you know that around here we don't let Birthdays pass unnoticed so you might want to hang around to catch a glimpse of the most girly sweetheart brunch you have ever seen! Hope Y'all had a fantabulous weekend!

0 comments: